Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Range Tests

Now that the PakTrakr is installed I have started driving around town and tracking voltages, mileage and estimating range. This cold weather is awful for the batteries. I have done two trips so far and I don't have any definite range info yet. I still don't think the PakTrakr has calibrated completely yet so I need to drive more.

I am compiling a spreadsheet with all the information I have been collecting. These cold tests show I have about 11 miles of winter range, and a few weeks ago I did a drive in 60F weather and I estimated a 33 mile range. I am still breaking in the batteries and have not finished the insulated battery box. I have also noticed that each time I charge the batteries, they seen to take the charge better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


You have shared nice content, thanks for posting....

Get the best Fastest solar charger with Evolution wear.

EvolutionWear’s RapidSol claims to be up to 90 per cent faster than rivals

Source: bit.ly/FastestSolar
Evolution Wear