Saturday, March 29, 2008

Controller Video

So I finally made a video of my prototype controller in action. It has that high pitched sound, but it's only noticeable in the extreme near-stall conditions. I don't think the 2 KHz frequency will be too bad in a vehicle (At least for me). I am working on the PIC controller version, but I really have no exprience with the programming language or interface so it will probably take a while. I am also rather hesistant about using a software controller running my car. Although I am a computer engineer major, I have had many experiences in the past week that dealt with microcontrollers and other programmable devices that went bad. (For instance my iPod crashed and took my car battery with it- not a good Monday morning for me)


I also am now in possesion of an Automatic Transmission from a 1997 Honda Civic LX so I can start my adapter designing! I am draining all the fluids from it before I bring it into the house, but there will be pictures of the transmission, torque converter and my adapter idea.

No comments: