Friday, February 15, 2008

List of Parts

Ok, so here is a list of parts that I have in my possesion and/or have ordered up:

K99-4007 Motor
PB5 Throttle
Controller Parts- Pretty much all the guts are on the way
500 AMP Shunt
Probably some other things I can't think of.

I ordered up a PB5 throttle because I don't really have the time to make one out of the 5K Radio Shack potentiometer. I know how to do it, but getting the parts and machining them is a bit too much for me since I am building the controller.

I am also considering increasing my voltage to 96 volts since the new parts for my controller will take it, and my K99 would be happiest at that voltage. Calculations also show that at that voltage, the Wally World batteries would work fine getting my back and forth to school, with charging at school for maximum battery life.

No comments: