Well, I just drove by the gas station today, and the current price of gas is $3.57 a gallon!! I still have a few weeks left of the semester and probably going to need another two or three fills ups at bank-draining prices!
So in the past week or so I have had about a whopping 5 minutes to work on this project, and in that time I changed the wire on the PB5 throttle from a two wire to a three wire cable.
Today I hope to work more on the motor plates and adapter, and I am still waiting for a piece of keyway to come in so I can have a better idea of what needs to be done. I have started to make some plate templates out of plywood I have lying around but I think I am going to have to bring the transmission and motor to a machine shop and let them have at it. The real trick is finding a place that wont cost me an arm and a leg. I got a quick quote from a local shop, but I am still going to look around since the end product would cost me more than I currently have.
I also have been recalulating my battery needs, and the battle between weight, total costs and range is being fought. So far, I think the 12 volt is winning with a 35 mile range, 480 LBs of lead and a $500 price tag for all eight of them. Also, charger 12 volts is easier than 8 volts.