I finally had some free time today, so I hooked up the controller again to the motor and did some actual testing. Things went great, I got about a good 15 minutes of testing in before my old crappy battery gave out. I did an earlier test on Sunday which went well, but I fixed a few things to improve it. Now it seems to be working great, and it barely was warm. The only thing left to do if finish up the back end to it with proper connectors and it will be done! It does have a primitive current limiting, but it is set to 250 AMPs, and I will be keeping it much less than that to save the batteries. My guess it that it will be drawing around 50 to 75 AMPs from the pack when cruising at 40 MPH.
I am still tweaking the design for the motor coupler, but since school has been busy I haven't had a lot of time this past week to work on this project. I am making a package of sorts that I will be giving to local machine shops so I can get a qoute on the part.