Sunday, March 18, 2012

Retirement

Well the 1996 Civic LX EV was retired this week. After 7,000+ miles of EV service, the 8VGC batteries came to their end and it was time to move on. I was able to strip all the EV parts and sell off the shell a day later, for $500! I only paid $600 for the car 5 years ago so it did me well.


But my EV journey isn't over, it's just starting! All the EV parts are being reused into a 2001 Civic EX Coupe! I purchased a nice, running 2001 Civic EX Coupe for converting back in August and in a few months that will be converted, with a lot of improvements. I will be starting another blog shortly with that EV and posting all my adventures and new features it will have.

UPDATE: Link to new EV blog http://2001-civic-ev.blogspot.com/
 

12 comments:

Greg c said...

How well did the transmission work out? I am looking at using one in a Alfa Romeo spider. Please email me and let me know. Gcornelius112@gmail.com

Timmy Radloff said...

$500 for the EV parts of a car which you bought for a low price and served you for so long? That was pretty awesome! You did a great job in utilizing the car and selling the EV parts afterwards. It’s really a win-win situation for you.

Timmy Radloff

anna isone said...

Beautiful car congratulations!

anna isone said...

Beautiful car congratulations!

Kris Clark said...

Awesome blog, can't wait to read the one about your 2001 Civic, I'm just now learning about all this electric car conversion stuff and would eventually like to get into it!

Dylan short said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dylan short said...

Thank you for this blog Information, I know well known Electric Car Conversions. you can see the details.

hou said...

I've been extremely busy with school and work that I haven't done a whole lot on my EV.
xiaomi mi4i review
hdc mobile
meizu pro 5 review

Car Trapped said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tyreon wheels said...

I read your blog,its awesome.If anyone wants to Buy Honda Civic Tyres Online in lowest price.

Car Trapped said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Car Trapped said...

Nice car. Know more about cars tips at car trapped